Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mint Oreo Chocolates - St. Patrick's Day

I celebrated the green theme and taught myself to dip & coat with chocolate
by making these cookie balls that I found on the Kraft website:
Cool Mint Oreo Cookie Balls
I changed the recipe slightly and removed most of the brand names, though.

Ingredients:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
30 crushed Mint Oreos
28 oz. (2 bags) of baking chocolate chips
 - 1 white and 1 chocolate for double-dipping
1 box of Andes mints
8 drops green food coloring




Directions:
  1. Blend cream cheese and broken oreos.
  2. Form into small balls.
  3. Freeze for 1 hour.
  4. Melt white chocolate and add food coloring.
  5. Dip balls into melted chocolate, lowering with a fork.
  6. Refrigerate until set
  7. Melt andes mints and chocolate together
  8. Re-dip for a double coat


I made some of each, but please, don't judge my dipping skills just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment